In the Academia Paraninfo you can do the SIELE exam, Servicio Internacional de Evaluación de la Lengua Española that certifies electronically the command of the Spanish language. SIELE is promoted by the Instituto Cervantes, the Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México, the Universidad de Salamanca and the Universidad de Buenos Aires.
CEFR levels, Common European Framework of Reference, certifies the degree of proficiency for the Spanish language with four tests: Reading and listening comprehension, Written expression and interaction and Spoken expression and interaction.
5 different exam modalities are available:
- SIELE GLOBAL: comprises 4 tests: Reading comprehension, listening comprehension, Written expression and interaction and Spoken expression and interaction. Duration: 3 hours. Printable certificate.
- S1: Reading comprehension, listening comprehension. Duration: 2 hours. Printable report.
- S2: Reading comprehension, Written expression and interaction. Duration: 2 hours. Printable report.
- S3: Listening Comprehension and Spoken expression and interaction. Duration: 1 hour and 30 minutes. Printable report.
- S4: Spoken expression and interaction. Duration: 30 minutes. Printable report.
Five of the six CEFR levels are acredited: A1, A2, B1, B2 y C1.
The registration, payment and the exam will be conducted electronically. The results, score review, complaints and contact will also be done online.
Within a máximum of 3 weeks you will receive your results. The candidate goes to the “My Page” at www.siele.org and downloads a certificate or report, depending on their chosen modality. They have a 5-year validity.
2017 Registration fee in Spain
- SIELE GLOBAL: 155€.
- S1: 55€.
- S2: 75€.
- S3: 100€.
- S4: 75€.
Information and enrolment
Through the following website: www.siele.org.
Exam center: Paraninfo Spanish School. Calle Princesa 70, 1º. 28008 Madrid.