Spanish Course for Spanish University
10 alumnos máx
20 lecciones / semana
Minimum of 8 weeks - Maximum of 12 months
Todo el año
Monday to Friday from 8:30am to 2:30pm (October to June - Annual)
Monday to Friday from 2:30pm to 8:30pm (January to June - Semester)
Lecciones de 55 minutos.
Spanish Course for Spanish University:
Our Spanish course and preparation for the University admission requirements, is focused on improving your Spanish and preparing you for the Spanish University entrance exam (EvAU). Consequently, you will improve your confidence and proficiency to pass your entrance exam with the best mark.
- Part 1: Spanish Course. Start every Monday, 20 lessons/week, from 10:00am to 2:00pm. All year long.
- Part 2: EvAU Preparation Course, 25 hours/week.
Two types of programs:
- Annual Program: October to June, from 8:30am to 2:30pm
- Semester Program: January to June, from 2:30pm to 8:30pm
Incluido en la inscripción:
- Carpeta de bienvenida
- Test de Nivel
- Acceso a Internet y WiFi
- Primer libro de estudio
- Servicio de ayuda al estudiante: compra de billetes, información sobre transportes, etc.
- Una o dos actividades culturales gratuitas a la semana
- Servicio de Intercambio de Idiomas
- Tutorías con los profesores
- Certificado final de asistencia al curso y nivel obtenido
- Puedes combinar las clases otras actividades culturales.
- Horarios de mañana o tarde.
- También puedes combinar tu curso con nuestros talleres de español o con clases privadas.
Spanish Course for Spanish University
Paraninfo Academy offers the perfect program to be able to obtain the university’s entry requirements to study a degree in Spain. Moreover, we advise and guide you from day one. In addition, Paraninfo Academy offers a flexible program customized to your needs.
We propose the following types of programs which combine:
- Spanish lessons (Part 1)
- Preparation course for the EvAU exam (Part 2)
ANNUAL PROGRAM (October – June)
The student will complete the program in two phases:
Firstly, you will take an Intensive Spanish 20 Course for 12 weeks minimum, which you must reach a B2 level. Once the B2 level is achieved, you will be able to start the Preparation Course for the University access exam (EvAU), which will be 9 months.
SEMESTER PROGRAM (January – June)
This program is aimed at those students who need to complete the program in the shortest possible time. It is the same as the PREMIUM Program, which begins with an Intensive Spanish 20 Course of at least 12 weeks, in which you must reach a B2 level in order to start the University Preparation Course (EvAU), which will be 6 months.
If you wish, you can also only take Phase 1 (Spanish lessons) or only Phase 2 (University preparation course).
PART 1. SPANISH COURSE
This phase focuses on learning Spanish.
Thanks to an Intensive Course of 20 hours per week, the fear of speaking is lost and the necessary confidence is gained to communicate in any situation, both personal and academic.
To be able to complete the second part of the program you have to reach a Spanish level of B1 or B2. Depending on the level at which the student starts the program, he or she must complete at least 8 weeks of an Intensive Spanish 20 Course.
This course is to be completed before beginning Phase 2 and begins any Monday of the year from 10:00am to 2:00pm.
PART 2. PREPARATION COURSE FOR THE UNIVERSITY ACCESS EXAM (EvAU)
This course is carried out during 6 or 9 months in a prestigious Study Center, founded in 1950, with extensive experience in the preparation of the Baccalaureate and the Selectivity Exam / EvAU, which collaborates with Paraninfo.
The goal is to get the students to overcome all the difficulties which could prevent them from properly completing the University Access Exams.
The course begins in October or January and it is designed for the entrance examination in June.
If the student is able to pass this exam, they will be able to enroll in any Spanish university, either public or private. However, should you fail the exam in June or get a low mark you can retake it in September.
If the student wishes, they can also only do Phase 1 (Spanish lessons) or only Phase 2 (University preparation course).
METHODOLOGY: Spanish Course for Spanish University
The methodology is based on two basic objectives:
- Master the content of the subjects through a theoretical and practical approach by adapting to the exercises which are carried out in the University Access Exams. Furthermore, a mock exam is performed at the beginning of the course, which is later compared to the one done at the end of the course.
- Define and specify the subject matter of the 2nd year of Baccalaureate extensive syllabus. Consequently, we exclusively develop the subjects that the University has set as content for the EvAU exams.
Periodic meetings are conducted with the parents in order to provide them with information on the evolution of their children in the different subjects. Likewise, they are informed about student attendance and marks of each one of the exercises and exams carried out during the course.
There is also mentoring with students, which purpose is to help with the student’s possible studying or organizational problems that may arise during the course.
From the beginning of the course a calendar with the dates established for the university mock exams is published. At the same time, students will be informed about the dates of the thematic monitoring per subject, as well as the tutorials that each teacher believes appropriate.
How is the EvAU exam?
The University Access Exam consists of two phases:
One compulsory General Phase of 4 subjects:
- Spanish Language and Literature
- History of Spain or History of Philosophy
- Subject of Modality
And another optional Specific Phase which allows the student to improve their admission mark, up to 4 points.
Choose a maximum of 4 subjects:
- Environmental and Earth Sciences
- Business Economy
- Technical Drawing II
- Mathematics II
- (Applied to Social Sciences) Mathematics ACS II
- Art History
- Universal Literature
- Latin II
GRADING SYSTEM FOR UNIVERSITY ENTRY:
- Baccalaureate Average Mark: 60%
- Access Exam Mark: 40% (General Phase: maximum 10 points. Specific Phase: maximum 4 points.)
In the Specific Phase, UNED chooses the top two marks of all exams taken to make the average mark. Negative marks (below 5) are not taken into consideration.