Monday to Friday from 10:00am to 2:00pm or 5:00pm to 9:00pm
- Improve your Spanish level since you put it into practice every day.
- Improve your resume/CV.
- Gain experience.
- Network and make new contacts
- You make a complete immersion in the Spanish language and culture.
- Gain independence and confidence.
- Open your mind and heart.
- Meet new people.
Registration fee for new students: 45€
- Over 60 years: 10%
- Religious congregations: 10%
- Two or more members of the same family, simultaneously: 5%
- Welcome folder
- Level Test
- Internet and WiFi access
- First textbook
- Student assistance provided: flight purchases, transport information etc.
- One or two free cultural activities per week
- Language Exchange Services
- Tutoring with teachers
- Final certificate of course attendance and level acquired
- You can combine your course with our Spanish Workshops or with Private Classes
- Morning or evening timetables
Give your future a boost with this gratifying experience by helping others!
Take a break and spend a semester or more studying the Spanish language and culture while participating in a unique and humanitarian experience collaborating with organizations in Madrid which help those in need. Few experiences can help you mature more as a person and give you greater personal satisfaction.
It isn’t necessary to go to an exotic country to volunteer, you can find opportunities closer than you think. Volunteering does not depend on the place or the region, it only depends on you. In other words, here in Spain, in Madrid, one can also take part in a solidarity project.
With our program you will be able to combine learning Spanish with solidarity, and have a deeper immersion in the Spanish language and culture. We offer you volunteering in different sectors, according to your interests, studies, and skills.
- 4-week intensive Spanish course with 4 lessons a day.
- Volunteer position in an organization in Madrid.
- Program guidance and mentorship by your Academic Internship Mentor.
- Paraninfo’s cultural program
- Participation Certificate.
- Possess an upper-intermediate Spanish level, although the level which is necessary to pass the BASIC DIPLOMA from Cervantes Institute is preferable. If the student does not have it, they must complete more than 4 weeks of an intensive Spanish course.
- Be mature enough to commit to the volunteer program and carry it out.
- Be at least 18 years old.
- Complete and send the application and required documents 8 weeks before the beginning of the program.
Length of the program
The Paraninfo Academy Volunteer Program takes place throughout the year and lasts between three to seven months, of which the first four weeks consist of an intensive Spanish course and the rest in the volunteer program.
Special conditions of the Spanish course with Volunteering:
- Having an upper-intermediate level of Spanish. Although the equivalent level necessary to pass the basic diploma of the Cervantes Institute is preferable, if the student does not have it they must complete more than 4 weeks of an intensive Spanish course.
- Have enough personal maturity and desire to help others, and be a responsible member of the organization.
- Be at least 18 years old.
Volunteering covers very different topics and sectors: domestic violence, logistics, emigration, forest cleaning, elderly or children assistance, etc. We have programs in different areas:
Psychological guidance: work as a volunteer psychologist giving guidance to different groups.
Work in animals shelters: these projects function as a network and consist of sheltering abandoned animals in the homes of people who voluntarily foster them.
Work in soup kitchens: collaborate as a volunteer by helping the less fortunate in Madrid’s soup kitchens.
Environmental volunteering: in Madrid there is an abundance of parks, forests, etc. You will work on conservation projects of these natural spaces.
School support for children: a very popular volunteering option, going to schools to provide academic support to children and young students. Not everyone has to be a teacher; there are also people with specific knowledge who find teaching and education simple.
Learn Spanish and work on solidarity projects!