If you are passionate about cinema and even more about Spanish cinema, Madrid is the perfect city to have an unforgettable experience and feel like the lead character of your own film. The Spanish Course and Film Experience is a unique and original program.
At the same time that you learn the language, you will get to know the city with unique experiences from a cinematographic point of view, visiting the Madrid scenes of famous Spanish films.
WHAT THE SPANISH COURSE AND CINEMA EXPERIENCE IS LIKE
On the one hand, you will receive 4 lessons per in the morning, from Monday to Friday, an authentic Intensive Spanish Course.
Starting at 2pm, you can enjoy 5 activities related to cinema. You will visit emblematic places in Madrid chosen by prestigious film directors: Pedro Almodóvar, Álex de la Iglesia, Alejandro Amenábar. Finally, there will be a workshop on Spanish cinema and a walk through Madrid of Ava Gardner and Hemingway.
Registration fee for new students: 45€
- Over 60 years: 10%
- Religious congregations: 10%
- Two or more members of the same family, simultaneously: 5%
- Welcome folder
- Level Test
- Internet and WiFi access
- First textbook
- Student assistance provided: flight purchases, transport information etc.
- Language Exchange Services
- Tutoring with teachers
- Final certificate of course attendance and level acquired
- You may combine your lessons with other Cultural Activities
- You can combine your course with our Spanish Workshops or with Private Classes
What you will see with the Spanish Course and Cinema Experience
It is not just the city of Madrid. Many international Spanish films have been shot in its nearby cities. For example:
- Spartacus, several scenes in Alcalá de Henares.
- The Bourne ultimatum, at various points in Madrid: Atocha station, Paseo de la Castellana, Adolfo Suárez Barajas Airport, Calle Bailén viaduct…
- Open your eyes and The day of the beast, on the Gran Vía in Madrid.
- The witches of Zugarramurdi, at Puerta del Sol.
Madrid and Pedro Almodóvar
One of the most international Spanish directors is Pedro Almodóvar. With the Spanish Course and Cinema Experience, you will be able to see real scenes from many of his films:
- Women on the verge of a nervous breakdown: the attic of Calle Montalbán, 7 (on whose roof you can see the Gran Vía) and Calle Almagro, 38.
- High heels: the local Villa Rosa in Plaza de Santa Ana, 15, the María Guerrero Theater (Tamayo and Baus streets) and the basement-gatehouse in Plaza del Alamillo.
- Kika: the Plaza de la Puerta de Moros.
- The flower of my secret: the Café del Círculo de Bellas Artes (calle Alcalá, 42).
- Live flesh: the Paseo de Eduardo Dato, 18.
- Broken Embraces, the Segovia Street Viaduct and the famous Cock Bar on Calle Reina, 16.
In short, discover a different way of seeing and living Madrid, this wonderful city, with the Spanish Course and Cinema Experience.
Learn Spanish and be the protagonist of your own movie in Madrid!